- Standards-based content
- Inquiry-based instructional strategies
- STEM subject connections
- STEM career connections
- Field experiences
- Presentations of learning
- Three units of science study are required each year, K-5. The units include physical, life and earth science topics.
- The Galaxy goal at the elementary level is to expose students to a variety of science activities that spark their interest and allow students to demonstrate their talents.
- Students may have experiences in STEM areas outside of the school day. Some of these activities may be provided by business and community partners.
- Galaxy academies are established for students in the 6th, 7th, and 8th grades. Students apply for admission, and 30 students are selected for each grade.
- Math, science and technology curricula are enriched to provide STEM experience.
- Addition of Gateway to Technology into the curriculum.
- Students have extended learning opportunities after school, on Saturdays, and in the summer. Some of these activities may be provided by business and community partners.
- Current courses would be expanded to include more STEM experiences.
- Pre-engineering curriculum has been adopted from Project Lead the Way.